Keene is a gorgeous yet suburban place to live in NH! With the beauty of Mt. Monadnock to the Redfern Arts Center and Stonewall Farm, you’ll find natural elements, the arts, and historic charm. And with Keene State University’s presence, the town has a vibrant collegiate atmosphere.
Keene residents have had a unique path with their water supply — instituted in 1753, Keene’s Water Department is one of the oldest in the nation! Their first aqueducts were most likely built by Luther Emes and Abijah Wilder, who also helped establish Boston’s first water system. Since then, the city has continued to provide purified water to its residents.
But residents still want to know that they are getting the best and cleanest water possible. Keene receives water from surface water reservoirs in Roxbury (Babbidge Reservoir and Woodward Pond) and some wells near Court and West Street. In the mid-90s, the community dealt with metallic tastes, which was due to old copper pipes. Since then, there have been questions about the smell and taste, which the city has attributed to low levels of chemicals used for cleaning the water.
Keene has a great system in place for accepting water concerns. If you are ever unsure about the safety, quality, or activity around the water sources, you can attend a meeting with the city council at 6:00 p.m. on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month in the City Council Chambers at City Hall or call 603-352-0133.
While the city does take water purification seriously, some Keene homes are on well water — and no matter how effectively the city treats its water, there are still contaminants. The EWG report, which has a higher standard than state water limits, reported that water treatment in Keene has higher potential carcinogens levels.
These contaminants include —
- Total trihalomethanes (TTHMs)† (152x over EWG limits)
- Haloacetic acids (HAA5)† (231x over EWG limits)
- Bromodichloromethane (30x over EWG limits)
- Chloroform (30x over EWG limits)
- Chromium (3.8x over EWG limits)
- Dibromochloromethane (2.1x over EWG limits)
Some risk factors are at play in Keene’s water supply — and when you’re looking for the best solution, you can rest knowing that NH Tap brings the best water filtration system to help your home stay safe and healthy.
NH Tap water filtration solutions for Keene, NH.
NH Tap provides a custom water solution for your home. Formulated by resident Keith McDonald, we have developed the best whole home water filtration for Keene, with New Hampshire water needs in mind.
Our system is unique because it’s the only one that absorbs your water’s specific contaminants at your water’s entry point for great-tasting and the purest water at every faucet.
NH Tap delivers the best whole house water filtration systems for Keene because we provide —
- A healthier living environment with a cleaner kitchen, softer laundry, more dependable appliances, and the purest drinking water.
- A custom analysis of your water needs.
- Streamlined, customized whole-home water filtration solutions for public water and well water.
- Easy financing options with installation, a 5-year warranty (including parts and labor), and a lifetime of support.
Whole-home water filtration systems for Keene, NH.
Get the best in Public Water Filtration for Keene, NH.
Our filtration units find, gather, and eliminate any undesirable natural toxins shown to be in the city’s tap or well water — in addition to any PFAS and other existing artificial contaminants.
When our team installs a NH Tap Mainframe™ Whole House Water Filtration System for public water, we —
- Conduct a complimentary water test and provide a custom report.
- Customize your recommendation and provide the exact filtration to address the contamination levels that exist specifically in your home’s water.
Learn more about the NH Tap MainFrame™ Whole House Water Filtration System.
Get the best in well water filtration in Keene, NH.
The same toxins that are in public water can affect private wells in and around Keene. Homes and businesses with well water also have to worry about chemical runoff, including pesticides, herbicides, arsenic, and other artificial compounds.
If you’re concerned about your water, we will —
- Free water test. You get an independent, third-party lab report on your home’s water quality, ensuring you have the proper verification of levels of arsenic and other contaminants. Some specialty water testing does incur a fee.
- Custom recommendations. If your home is exposed to contaminants, we will show you the exact filtration media needed to eliminate the issues, improving your quality of life.
Explore our NH Tap Absolute™ Well Water Filtration System for private wells.
Explore Your Options
Pure water at every faucet in your home may cost less than you think. Our solutions are superior, and our prices are unmatched. But don’t just take our word for it.